The Pigeon Key Foundation and Marine Science Center is a 501c-3 non-profit organization. We do not receive any federal or state funding. Pigeon Key is maintained and cared for through funds generated by our marine science programming, daily historical tours, and private donations.
So where does your money go? By donating any monetary amount, you are enabling the staff of The Pigeon Key Foundation to maintain a balanced educational and historical setting on our five acre island. All donations and proceeds go towards enhancing the structural integrity of the buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and surrounding grounds.
How you can help:
– Shop at our Visitors Center & Gift Shop located at 2010 Overseas Highway in Marathon, Florida.
– Become a Pigeon Key member!
– Visit smile.amazon.com and any time you purchase items through Amazon, a percentage of your purchasing price is automatically donated to Pigeon Key by Amazon at no additional charge to you!
– Give a tax-deductible donation to support our educational facility.
– Volunteer on the island.
– Donate any goods you may see fit for our programming!
For more information or other ways you can help, please contact us!
Annual memberships and donations help support the Pigeon Key Foundations’ mission to protect the cultural history of the Florida Keys and educate our youth through marine science curricula. Thank you for your contribution!